Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Everything is Meaningless

Yin - Everything is Meaningless
Yang - Nothing is Meaningless
Yin - Nothing is Meaningful
Yang - Everything is Meaningful
Let's call the whole thing off.

A few days ago at a bohemian bookstore, I thought I overheard someone say, "I'd like a meaningless cup of coffee." I wish that was what they said because I thought it was bohemian. I realized they said bottomless and was disappointed by the obvious.

Disappointed by the obvious?
Nature is obvious to humanity, so we replace it with things like street lights and Wal-Mart.

Why can't we be thrilled by the obvious?
Wouldn't that be so spontaneous?
Oh my! I'm wearing blue jeans today.
The time is correct now.
People may think I've had too much bottomless coffee if I continue to jabber on like this.

Dadaists often say that everything is meaningless until they contradict themselves.
The truth is there is no truth.
"The lie is there is no lie," said the devil to the god. And god was admitted s/he was tricked, and the devil won the world.
The devil is there is no devil.
The lived is there is no lived. For example, the Matrix.
Life is a but a dream of a butterfly that Zhuang-zhi had.
What did Zhuang-zhi have? The butterfly or the dream?

It doesn't matter because everything is meaningless.
Actually, I agree to the extent that everything man-made is meaningless from poetry to Citibank.
I enjoy man-made things when they are meaningless, like nonsense poems.
Jabberwocky and Ogden Nash.
I don't enjoy man-made things when they are meaningful, like meetings.

Food can be man-made but food isn't always meaningful.
Think about a salty snack food. Where's the meaning in that.
Now an apple is not man-made unless it's a GMO apple, but still Mother Nature conceived of the apple first.

My philosophy about liking meaningless things is meaningless.
Illogically, my philosophy about disliking meaningful things is meaningful.

You have experienced the synthesis of Taoism and Dada.
I consider myself very charming.

No comments: