Monday, January 05, 2009

"The Inner Light" by the Beatles



George Harrison quotes from Verse 47 of the Tao Te Ching:

Without going outside, one can know the whole world
Without looking out the window, one can see the ways of Heaven
The farther one goes, the less one knows

It's been a while since I blogged about verses from the Tao Te Ching. The reason (besides laziness and a new baby) I was delaying a posting about the Tao was that I trying to avoid an apparent influence. Did the Beatles subtly brainwash me into become a Taoist when I first listened to "The Inner Light" back in 1992? I just read that the music you listen to as a teenager can have a strong hold on you for the rest of your life. I'll keep you posted when I start reading the book--This Is Your Brain on Music.

No comments: