Friday, December 21, 2007

And I'm Back...and who cares?

Did you ever notice how many "I"s are in nihilism? You probably did.
Did you ever think about that means? If you are a nihilist, you probably did and came to the conclusion that it meant nothing. You would be right.

Then again...you might be wrong. There are 3 letter "I"s in nihilism. And they stand for the ego of the nihilist, which also has 3 "i"s--no coincidence. This analysis alone would annoy the nihilist. There is no meaning in anything, and that includes the words nihilism and nihilist.

Where am I going? I'm diving into the word but not the world of nihilism. It takes a lot of ego to assert that there is no meaning. The nihilist points out how there is no meaning in meaningful events like Christmas. They point out the economic need for this holiday superceding the religious need. Anyway, there is no God, the nihilists point out.

What an ego a nihilist must have to remove the smiles from the believers. Behind the smiles is hope and behind that hope is confidence and the will to live. The educated nihilist has the necessary weapons to remove the soul from the lesser educated believers. Do the nihilists get a kick out of this? I think some of them do. And that gives meaning to their lives--the paradox.

Is it right for the nihilist to find meaning in his or her life? Or am I confusing goals with meaning? A linguistic trap. Do our goals give us meaning? I believe so. So I challenge the nihilists to remove all goals from their lives--and then they can live their nihilistic lives to the fullest.

No, the nihilist must not succumb to the goals of others because that makes their goals to serve someone--like their bosses or their parents or their teachers. Anarchy for no reason with no goal. Is that possible? I say no.

I don't believe in the pure nihilist. As long as there is ego, there is a goal, and there is meaning. Something drives the nihilist, and it can be found in the ego. Maybe it is the ego.

No comments: